Friday 19 July 2013

Feeling Thankful Fridays


Feeling Thankful Fridays. The start of a new trend. 

In the midst of a glorious Friday afternoon, strolling around Green Park and Southbank, with my equally, if not more, glorious friend Danielle, we had a very serious chat. About being grateful. I made the comment that out of ten things that are going on in your life right now, if there are two things that are making you sad/unhappy, you are probably going to let those things dictate your mood. BUT, there are eight other things that are probably going really well in your life that you could be super grateful for, but they don't even get a look-in. 

This discussion prompted my mentioning of a blogger I follow, Gala Darling. Each week, she has a post entitled Things I Love Thursday, detailing things she's loving, grateful, and glad for. After saying it aloud, I realised that it is so important to chronicle the things that you are thankful/grateful for. No matter how trivial, no matter how self-indulgent, things that have made your spirit soar should be penned down for posterity!

So I'm doing just that. And here they are! 

❤ Friends who delivery nothing but honesty (which in turn builds you up) ❤ Parks flooded with sunlight ❤ Best friends who send you the most hilarious Snapchats, right when you need them most ❤ Daring to ask for my crepe in French (albeit clunky and probably incorrectly), and then the French server being so happy that I had tried, he gave me the crepe for free! What a great guy! ❤ My Grandad singing to me on the phone ❤ Planning travel adventures for my week off, before Edinburgh ❤ My beautiful friend Danielle, and all her wisdom 
❤ Describing in detail one of my favourite Simpsons scenes of all time, to friends that didn't know it (l'horreur!❤ Pinkberry dates with Ev - the best! ❤ Sharing dreams with strangers. ❤ Giant swings in adult-sized playgrounds!


I'm going to write a new list every Friday - what better day to start!

What are you thankful for? :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment