Tuesday 30 July 2013

Adventures of the Wandering Kind!

This past week has been truly joyous!! I've had a week off from touring, and took the opportunity to hop on a plane for a little (and on a shoestring budget) holiday!

But before I went, I said goodbye to the beautiful humans who I spent the bulk of July with. Thank you to Kate, Scot, Emily, and Gemma, for being the absolute BEST!





I also said goodbye to to Brixton, which was an adventure in itself! I had my last lunch in Brixton Village, accompanied by some fantastic art! I also said see you soon to my beautiful friend Danielle.



She took this pic, as we were eating sushi at Southbank, London. A perfect afternoon!

On Monday morning, I packed my teeeeeny carry on bag ( what a DREAM to travel with next to no luggage!) and hopped on a flight to Paris! I checked in, and then went for an explore around the city.



Paris was full of gorgeous graffiti, but I think I liked this one the best!



The carousel at the bottom of the Sacre Coeur. So beautiful, so quiet - after the gates had closed for the evening.



The next day will forever be known as "The Day With All The Food", or "The Day Courtney Pink Ate Paris". I'm looking distraught holding that croissant, but only because it was so delicious, it made me cry. Makes no sense. Neither does how AMAZING it tasted!




After spending a few hours wandering the city streets, and visiting the Musee de L'Orangerie, I found myself a baguette, some brie, and fresh raspberries, and had a picnic in Le Tuleries, in the sunshine. Pretty much the highlight of my trip.

For when I have my Parisian apartment, of course. 


After my all-too-short trip jaunt in Paris, I made my way to Venice. Absolutely stunning. The sheer amount of canals, boats, people, oars, gondoliers in striped shirts and red neckties was not cliched in the slightest - it was perfect.

Piazza San Marco, Venice



A wedding! 



Some of the stunning sights I got to lay my peepers on!

Join me next time, won't you? :) 

 


And then on Sunday, I made my way to Rome. Such a beautiful city. The history is phenomenal, and each sight is brimming with stories. Breathtaking. Also, stinking hot - 37 degrees!



BUT, my highlight was definitely meeting up with Ioana - one of the smartest, most inspirational women I know. We met in a hostel, when I was backpacking in 2010, and it was SUCH a joy to see her again. And, y'know, chow down on some gelato!!

2010, meet 2013! Can you spot the coins?

I also revisited the Trevi Fountain. They say that if you toss in a coin, you are destined to return to Rome. Well, they were right! And I'm so glad I did!


And to top it all off, the best coffee I've ever had. In Rome airport, of all places!


So, a great big cheers to a wonderful week off! Next stop: THE EDINBURGH FRINGE FESTIVAL!




















No comments:

Post a Comment