Wednesday 28 May 2014

Defector.

                                              View from the grassy knoll at North Bondi. No filter, because, well, yeah.


I am an absolute, total junkie. I'm addicted. I'm a convert, a turncoat - obsessed. I am in love with: The East.

About six months ago, the start of the longest Sydney stint I've had in seven years, I moved to the eastern suburbs. I didn't know quite how I'd go, but I dived in head first (quite literally!).

I now call the East home.

Spending Sundays soaking up the sun on the grassy knoll at Bondi Beach. Wandering the streets of Paddington, hitting every delicious coffee shop along the way. Beach Burrito burritos (do yourself a favour). Walking through Bondi and sifting through market stalls and pop up shops. It's a pretty joyous way to spend a free moment.

A few Saturdays ago, I took a couple of books, was graced with some precious company (they brought a picnic - perfect!), left my calendar at home, and lost countless hours on the grass at North Bondi. The autumn sun was incredible, and as it disappeared for the day, I felt an indelible connection to my new post code. I haven't felt as connected to a place, apart from New York. To find a new home away from home is something I didn't think I'd find, and the East is proving to be very competitive for my love.

Do yourself a favour, and take yourself on an excursion. Sip a coffee at Ampersand on Oxford St in Paddington, take the 333 bus to Bondi, catch some rays (what's left of them), indulge in a Beach Burrito, and watch the sun sink amidst the most beautiful views in Sydney.

Perfection doesn't manifest in too many forms, but a weekend exploring the East comes pretty damn close.





No comments:

Post a Comment