Friday 14 June 2013

Hello London!!


Well hello there, London!I've made it across the Atlantic, and hit your shores! My wonderful friend Kyle met me at the airport, and took me for a much needed coffee! So lovely to see him, and so grateful for the showering opportunity!

This is at Kyle's place. I like to call this "Just-Got-Off-The-Plane-Chic".

After just two short nights, Brydie and I hit the ground running, for our Sugar & Vice tour. We headed down to Brighton for our first two tour dates, and we had such a wonderful time. We performed in a gorgeous venue called The Marlborough, and were so warmly welcomed. Thanks, Brighton!


The gorgeous Brighton Pier, our tour poster, and Brydie and I doing our sound check at The Marlborough!

After our first show, we met up with a couple of the boys from The Noise Next Door, who are a crazily talented impro group. Matt and I made boats and birds, out of paper, at 2am. Totally standard.




After our Brighton jaunt, it was back to London. Spring is still clutching on, which I'm totally thankful for (!!), so the gorgeous flowers, vines, and plants are in bloom. So stunning!



Brydie and I headed off again, for the next tour stop: Oxford! We had a gorgeous time there, with more wonderful audiences. A highlight was eating at Jamie's Italian - Jamie Oliver's restaurant. It was delicious!!

Brydie, Me, and Brydie's Mum!

I've been doing by best to try and explore more of London. I haven't really ventured east, so to Shoreditch I went! There is so much amazing street art, creative corners, and wonderfully interesting pockets to explore. This wall art was just stunning, and I can't stop thinking about it!




I caught up with my friend Kate, who is not only exceptionally stunning, but a model extraordinaire! I was in the presence of a celebrity!!, in Camden. We wandered the canals, had delicious market food, too much fudge, and lots of laughs over coffee. We picked a good time to go - weekdays seem less busy, and there's definitely more room to move!




This was in the Starbucks - definitely helped haha:




During a jaunt with Brydie, I caught up with another wonderful friend Oli, during which I finally got to meet his girlfriend, Becca. WOW. Instant girl crush! We clicked instantly, and had such a wonderful night! We bonded over our mutual love for the Spice Girls, and decided we had to see Viva Forever!, a West End musical that uses the music from the Spice Girls. Ok, so the show was not what we were hoping (especially the middle-aged parents' make-out scene, to the tune of 2 Become 1. Yup. It happened!), but we had such a great time, it didn't matter! We then went to the pub next door, and Oli and I sang In The Heights. It was pretty much the most perfect evening ever. :)




So, London, you're being pretty great! Enjoying it so far - looking forward to the next couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment